We are so used to being on our feet, exploring different ideas that will bring that groundbreaking feat to our businesses. Often, this implies that you work long days and possibly nights with very little time in between for relaxation with family and friends. This lifestyle will quick result in burnouts and make every other part of your life suffer due to lack of attention. Because this something that you become used to, sometimes it may be difficult to tell when you have reached the point of no return. You don’t have to remain clueless about how much damage your lack of attention may be causing. Here are ten signs that tell you that you need a self-care coach to help you find a balance between your work and other parts of your life.
- Your shifts keep extending: It could be that you used to leave the office by four every day, then it became 5, and kept increasing till you’re not even home by midnight most days. Having long days may be unavoidable as an entrepreneur – those to-do lists will not complete themselves after all – but, the key is in not overextending yourself as this will tell on your productivity.
- You can barely stay awake after work: After a particularly exhausting day at work, you pick up a book to read or try to watch tv, and ten minutes in you’re already snoring. You awake from your unplanned nap feeling irritated and bleary.
- Your friends and family begin to complain about lack of attention: When your close friends and family begin to call you out for forgetting important dates like birthdays and anniversary, or when you miss you children’s big games or plays because you work overtime. When your partner begins to feel like they come second after your work, and your children start acting out because it appears to be the only way to get your attention.
- You have not had a vacation in a year or longer: There are so many places to explore, so many countries to be at for your vacation. You used to dream of visiting these places and traveling the world, but all of this seems like a very distant memory now. Your schedule is too hectic to take even two days off at a time. When you do get the chance to take a break, you’re almost always contented to sleep in.
- Your stress levels begin to cause problems at home: Because you are always wound up, it doesn’t take much to trigger you. Something as simple as reheating food, taking out the trash, or stocking up on groceries can escalate into a huge fight. Everyone walks on eggshells around you because they don’t want to say or do the wrong things that will spark your anger.
- You feel as if you can never get away from work: Your life revolves around work; even when you aren’t at work, you find yourself catching up on work-related emails. Not like anybody is surprised, they are probably already used to you bringing your leftover workload back home. Your business rules your life, every single waking moment of it.
- Your health and fitness begin to suffer in a big way: You don’t have time for home-cooked meals anymore; all you eat is fast food on the go. You don’t work out anymore, because let’s face it that requires too much commitment that you can’t afford. So, you begin to gain weight fast and go out of shape. Your old clothes don’t fit anymore, and your self-esteem starts to take a beating. At this point, you should know that you need a quick intervention because if things aren’t nipped at the bud, you’re looking at developing health complications.
- You are wont to procrastinate: Procrastination is usually a sign that you lack clarity. When you are clear about the things you need to do, why you need to do them, and how to do them, you are in a better position to work towards getting what you want. When you have a self-care coach, procrastination will not be an issue for you anymore.
- You cannot stay motivated: While everyone loses motivation from time to time, if care is not taken, this can become a behavioral pattern that causes long-term problems. If you find it challenging to remain motivated, self-care coaches are there to motivate you to take action.
- You don’t know how to get to where you need to be: Having clarity on what you want is an important step, but what next? If you have no plans for how to get where you want, you will likely never get there. Self-care coaches will help you create a plan relevant to what you need to achieve.
The bottom line is that work, for some people, devours every aspect of their lives. While for others, it is the lack of motivation and clarity for what they want. If this is you, it could hurt your chances at living a balanced, enjoyable life, so get a self help coach today to help you establish that work-life balance.